Vacancy: Management Accountant
Applications are invited for the position of
Location: Kennedy Road, Navan, Co. Meath.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Support Services, this permanent full-time role will form part of a small close-knit and highly experienced finance team. This role will expose the successful candidate to all areas of Credit Union business making it a true management accountant position.
This role will perfectly suit a self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Experience in the Credit Union or financial services sector is not essential. What is required is a responsible, “can do” attitude from a candidate who believes in delivering quality.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for month end close process, governance and associated reporting to Head of Support Services & CEO. i.e. timely preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary, analysis and KPI reporting.
- Oversight of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities.
- Preparation and submission of timely and accurate statutory returns to the Central Bank.
- Preparation/review of Balance Sheet reconciliations. Investigate outstanding reconciliations and associated variances.
- Preparation and presentation of detailed financial analysis as requested.
- Preparation of budgets and monthly variance analyses.
- Investment and treasury activities. Liaison with Investment Advisers, Committee and Providers, Bank, cash and liquidity management.
- Support the strategic planning process with forecasting and modelling as required.
- Establish and sustain agreed performance measures, KPIs with outsource service providers.
- Support the performance of the day to day activities of the finance function.
- Focus on process improvements and implementation of best practice.
- Partner with IT in the execution of applicable general accounting process harmonisation and business systems.
- Ensure integrity of internal controls, in partnership with the compliance function. Sustain minimum effective controls in compliance with FRS102 and any other policies as required.
- Support Internal and external audits, compliance & risk reviews.
- Review and improvement of process and policy and maintain internal documentation.
Job Qualifications/ Essential Experience
- Fully qualified in ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Recently qualified candidates will be considered based on total experience to date.
- 5-7 years in a general accounting environment.
- Proficient in accounting software packages, SAGE or similar.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer focused and ability to deal with non-finance personnel.
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain accounting treatment.
- Experience managing 3rd party service providers.
- Prior experience working in a financial services institution is advantageous.
- External Audit/Public Accounting experience preferred but is not essential.
- FRS102 experience is not essential but advantageous.
Applicants may send their CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 30th August 2019
Credit Union Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer