Credit Union Plus hold an annual Scholarship competition, giving away a prize of €4,500 to four lucky students! That’s €1,500 per year for up to three years!
To be eligible for entry applicants must;
- Be a member of Credit Union Plus before the 31st July.
- Intend on completing a full-time Diploma or Degree course at a Third Level Institution.
- Be commencing their first year in the diploma/degree.
All application forms must be returned to the Credit Union by 30th September.
The Scholarships will then be allocated by an Open Draw.
The decision of the Board of Directors of Credit Union Plus Ltd shall be final.
The printable application form is now available here and forms are also available in our office.
Here’s what past winners had to say:
Caoimhe Kane – Winner 2014:
“I cannot begin to describe the help that the Scholarship has provided. It has been such a great aid financially for my academic life in University. Due to the Scholarship I have bought many supplies for myself, such as books, a laptop etc. Even fees wise, I was able to put most of the money towards paying it, which is why it is such a help as they are very expensive. I want to thank Credit Union Plus for beginning this scholarship programme because it is such an enormous help and really benefits your academic studies at University.”
Joanne Watters – Winner 2014:
“I found the grant to be a huge help in paying my college expenses. In my second year I stayed up in student accommodation, which may not have been possible without the grant. I am grateful for the opportunities this grant has given to me.”
Ben Hoey – Winner 2014:
“Receiving the scholarship from the Credit Union last year was a huge help to both myself and my family. Knowing that I had money for my college fees meant I wasn’t stressing about getting the money and I could concentrate fully on my studies. Also money that I had saved for my college fees could now go towards commuting costs. All in all I have greatly benefitted from receiving the scholarship from Credit Union Plus.”
Sonia Smith – Winner 2014:
“The scholarship has helped me so much at college this year as living away can be very costly. It was really beneficial to receive it and I’m really grateful to have gotten the scholarship from the Credit Union.”
- The Scholarships will be €1,500 per annum for a maximum of three years.
- Payments will be made in two instalments at the discretion of the Credit Union.
- Payment of the Scholarship is dependent on Students continuing their course in a Third Level Institution, and the production of satisfactory evidence to that effect.
- Scholarship winners must be members of the Credit Union for
the three years of the Scholarship.
- A Presentation will be made to winning Students and you will be requested to attend our office for this occasion. Photographs taken at this occasion may be published in local Media, used for internal publication including display within the Credit Union, for web material or other Social Media.